Are you a board member or chair of finance who could benefit from greater knowledge of FE funding and financial benchmarks? If so, don’t miss this opportunity.
Booking is now open for Finance for Chairs of Finance and Board Members, a new training course from the Education and Training Foundation.
The course content has been developed in response to needs identified from a wide range of sector stakeholders. It includes:
- effective governance and the role of finance chairs and board members with responsibility for finance
- funding and finance in the Further Education sector
- strategic management, financial performance monitoring and risk management in the sector
- leading sector practice, including commercial strategy, outsourcing and shared services, workforce issues and estates management
Participants will gain an understanding of FE funding and how to interpret key financial benchmarks. Through completing the course, they will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- get the best out of the relationship with the CFO
- ask the right questions of management, based on the good understanding of key funding drivers and risk areas
- take a long-term view and ensure investment decisions align to the agreed strategic direction of the college
- be up to date on current trends and best practice in the sector
The course involves eight hours of learning, split into five hours of distance learning (self study) and three hours of face to face delivery.
The course is being offered this autumn in Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield, London and Birmingham. The cost is £150, with a discount for SET members. To book go to https://booking.etfoundation.co.uk/course/details/203